Thursday, July 31, 2008

Strong

Run: 6.6 miles in :48:00 min. @ 6:10 a.m.
Weather: Partly Cloudy, 66°F, 90% Humidity, Wind: From WSW @ 5 mph; feels like 66°F.
Training Plan Suggested Mileage: 6 miles
Average Mile Page: 7:17 min./mi.
Course: Big Bottom Eight 6.5 made on USATF Map It!.
"I read somewhere... how important it is in life not necessarily to be strong, but to feel strong... to measure yourself at least once." ~ As referenced by Chris McCandless from a short story by Primo Levi
Relative to my training, July has been among the strongest I have experienced. Heck, it has been a record month for me personally.

Though I am a little leery of mentioning my feelings of success for fear that I my jinx myself, it is exciting to feel the accomplishment that comes with tracking mileage and seeing it grow beyond your expectations. I'm not so sure that I've done anything differently, except that perhaps I have been more diligent about "plugging ahead" when I did not feel like it. Whereas in the past I would take days off from my training program and chalk it up to "being busy" or "tired," this past July I forged ahead when it would have been more convenient to break.

I look forward to continuing to build on the sunny vibes I'm giving off and absorbing today, in the days, weeks, and months ahead...

Breathe in, breathe out… YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: