Thursday, September 04, 2008

Man Eat Fish

Run: 7.7 miles in :56:50 min. @ 6:05 p.m.
Weather: Partly Cloudy, 78°F, 67% Humidity, Wind: From NE @ 9 mph; feels like 78°F.
Average Mile Page: 7:24 min./mi.
Course: Seven Point Six Eight Jack made using USATF Map It!


I'm kind of on a mission, of sorts, know. After the twin realities that 1) i ran poorly two days ago and 2) I also just paid $70 to run the Rochester Marathon in nine days, I'm really feeling the need to get out on the roads and run "well."

The preparation steps I took today were a little different from my last attempt on Tuesday. Today I came home, had two bowls of granola (with raisins), read for a short time and took a nap (having woken up at 5:00 a.m., I needed one!).

In the end, I ran pretty well, though the air felt very heavy. In ancient cultures, people would eat the animals which held the qualities they wanted to see enhanced in themselves. If you lacked strength, you ate an ox, if you desired quickness, maybe you'd hunt and eat an antelope. I no longer eat red meat, which is good, as the creature whose spirit would help me best on a day like this would be a fish... so as I could move easily through water...

Breathe in, breathe out… YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: