Tuesday, September 02, 2008

A Poor Run of No Great Consequence

Run: 4.4 miles in :31:56 min. @ 4:45 p.m.
Weather: Partly Cloudy, 84°F, 40% Humidity, Wind: From N @ 8 mph; feels like 84°F.
Average Mile Page: 7:15 min./mi.
Course: Around!


I had forgotten what it was like to run both after work and in the heat (or what we in upstate New York call "warm"!). I set out intending to run for about six miles and cut it short using the remaining mile-and-a-half to walk home and think about what worked and what hadn't.

In the end, though I realize my pace was good over the distance covered and that any "mistakes" I made are solvable through better planning and hydration, I am not too bummed by my poor showing. In truth, with thirteen days to get psychologically prepared (running longer, harder won't help now as I've already trained well) this afternoons jaunt was a poor run of no great consequence, and my goals for the marathon remain intact...

Breathe in, breathe out… YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: