Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Woo-Woooo!

Run: 5.8 miles in :43:55 min. @ 8:00 p.m.
Weather: Mostly Cloudy, 62°F, 62% Humidity, Wind: From WNW @ 8 mph; feels like 62°F.
Average Mile Page: 7:34 min./mi.
Course: Six-ish miles over much-traveled, comfortably familiar community roads...


Now that we've come to the "taper" portion of my training program all of the things that the magazines say will happen are happening: doubting your training,feeling aches and pains, questioning my preparedness... It's true--just check out the most recent Runner's World!) knowing that this is expected does not do anymore to lessen the pause it brings me, but I am resolute in my commitment to taking it easy and staying loose though stretching and completing two more short relatively easy runs before Sunday's race.

This evening's perfectly cool and breezy air was a wonderful way to taper my to some good vibrations... woo-wooooo!

Breathe in, breathe out… YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: