Thursday, October 02, 2008

Knee-ding a Break?

I (once again) missed my normally scheduled (given an "every other day" training schedule) run on Tuesday due to an unstable sensation in my left knee. Truly, as I was laying (lieing?) on the couch Monday evening watching the news, both my knee and left ankle (on which I still have the ganglia) were aching and uncomfortable. Since then, my week of training has come undone as I try to look forward to a date at which I can begin to pick up speed... a perpetual state of "catch-up" much of my running seems to be in of late.

Though I dislike the sense that I have slowed down to a crawl following my attempt at the marathon almost three weeks ago now, I can't help but review my dusty log and see a decrease in mileage and intensity of purpose. Rather than giving up though, I'm taking this as a transitional period, one during which I am recovering physically and attempting to stoke the fires of dedication psychologically. I'm hoping planning on , over the next few days, returning to some sort of activity even if said activity is walking the dog...

Breathe in, breathe out… YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: