Sunday, September 28, 2008

Soggy Sunday Run

Run: 7.7 miles in :59:07 min. @ 8:00 a.m.
Weather: Fog w/Light Rain, 63°F, 93% Humidity, Wind: From NNE @ 10 mph; feels like 63°F.
Average Mile Page: 7:41 min./mi.
Course: Foggy Fall 7.7 made using USATF Map It!


Rather than participating in a race this weekend, I opted to go for a solitary run on this damp Sunday morning. Though the race that I had in mind would have been lovely, especially given the cool wet trails created by two days of humidity, I felt like my time and energies might better be used closer to home...

For the first thirty-seven minutes, this seemed like a great idea: I felt fine running along the street with just a slight discomfort in my "supported" inner knee. But at the five mile mark, while going down below an underpass, the pain became momentarily excruciating. I stopped rubbed my knee and walked about thirty feet, before begin to pat-pat-pat my way slowly up the other side of the pass.

The pain lingered, but I forged ahead, not desiring to "quit" again. I did make it home "running" albeit at a slower pace, and once home felt fine... of course I needed some ibuprofen and frozen vegetables (placed precipitously on my knee) to do so...

Breathe in, breathe out… YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: