Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Welcome Back Fave Bagel o' Mine!

In a previous post, I lamented the passing of my favorite Bruegger's bagel, the Sun-Dried Tomato bagel, from its menu. Now, three or so weeks later I am happy to announce its triumphant return to the bin!

This morning before work, when I stopped at my neighborhood Bruegger's to get a cup of coffee, I quickly glanced over the shelves of fresh bagels looking for something to bring for breakfast... boy was I glad to see the (at one time) familiar phrase "Sun-dried Tomato" scrawled on a white piece of a paper and adhered to the mesh basket.

I promptly ordered up a bagel (uncut with no cream cheese, thank you!) and went on my way. It occurred to me , only minutes later as I was making my way down the expressway to school, to inquire as to the reasoning behind the change of heart... and, perhaps more importantly, whatever this change in menu was permanent or simply short term--as the "hand made" sign might suggest.

No matter, though, given this fortunate (personal) turn of culinary events, I find it necessary to alter my previous closing comment: DARN PRAISE CORPORATE AMERICA FOR TAKING AWAY BRINGING BACK MY FAVE BAGEL!

Breathe in, breathe out… YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: