Wednesday, June 24, 2009

"Down Goes Scotty! Do-o-own Goes Scotty!"

Run: 8.2 miles in 1:03:58 min. @ 4:30 a.m.
Weather: Partly Cloudy, 58°F, 100% Humidity, Wind: SSW @ 5 mph; feels like 58°F.
Pace: 7:51 min/mile
Course: A slightly truncated Moonlight 10 Plus made using USATF Map It!

It's actually sort of surprising that it has taken me as long as it has (almost four years!) to find myself lying on the road having tripped over something. Especially in the very dark pre-drawn "light." That, however is just where I found myself this morning roughly two miles in to my run. Fortunately, it was at about 4:40 a.m. and, though a generally high-traffic area, there were no cars around, save two vehicles getting gas at the corner station.

I'm pretty sure what I tripped over was a bent-up coat hanger of some sort as I usually pay close attention, but this type of road clutter is not visible even in good conditions. After hitting the road, and scraping my knees and palm (with which I caught myself) the thought of heading home quickly faded and I continued for the balance of my run.

Breathe in, breathe out… YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: