Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Eight Miles with a Gut Full of Garbanzo Beans

Run: 8.4 miles in 1:03:30 min. @ 3:45 p.m.
Weather: Cloudy, 62°F, 54% Humidity, Wind: From SW @ 8 mph; feels like 62°F.
Pace: 7:35 min/mile
Course: Crazee Eight found on USATF Map It!


Okay, here I go again: once more into the cloud of procrastination which surrounds my efforts to run after school, I time of the day when I am decidedly lazy and would like nothing better than to lay down or vegetate... but today I am endeavoring to avoid the it falls that keep0 me from putting my miles in. Fortunately (I guess) I am feeling somewhat "hepped up" on the huge chocolate chip-type cookies the school administration attempted (successfully, I might add) to placate myself and my fellow teachers prior to our annual Senior class "interviews."

With all these empty calories and sugar coursing through my system it's either sit around and have a seizure or drag myself to the road and put one foot in front of another...

Memo to self: eating a full can of garbanzo beans with lite ranch dressing only a half-hour before going for an eight mile run is NOT a good idea... unless one enjoys tasting the bean and dressing melange a second or third time!

Breathe in, breathe out… YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: