Thursday, June 04, 2009

The Forecast? Running Blind!

Run: 6.7 miles in approx. :56:00 min. @ 7:45 p.m.
Weather: Partly Cloudy, 57°F, 45% Humidity, Wind: CALM; feels like 57°F.
Pace: 8:21 min/mile
Course: A route along common ground--Canterbury to Monroe to Field to South Clinton to Westfall to Allen's Creek to Clover to Highland and, eventually, home.


As the result of some snafus (one of which will be detailed below), this evening's run did not go as well as I had hoped, punctuated by the fact that I did not meet my goals of putting in eight miles, having to instead settle for just under seven. Though the weather was favorable, and I felt well, because I forgot my watch, had no exact sense of mile markers in my mind, and I (once again) went out too soon after eating (though what I did eat was not too much), I had a feeling of foreboding not long after leaving my house at almost 8:00 p.m. (also too late)! In the end, I was left with a very pedestrian pace of 8:21 min/mile.

Due to computer problems, I was unable to update this post immediately following completion of the training run, which has been my usual practice. In fact, it appears as though I'll be "flying blind" (translation: without computer/Internet access) over the course of the weekend. This is not necessarily a "bad" thing, as I somewhat enjoy keeping a hard copy running log, but some details I usually keep with the benefit of the Internet (identifying just how far I've run, something I usually do with USATF Map It! and using Weather.com to keep track of the ... uh... weather conditions), will be more difficult.

Fortunately, I will not sweat what is really in the end "small stuff," and embrace the opportunity to run a little blind and maintain the course to meet my mileage goals this weekend.

Breathe in, breathe out… YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: