Sunday, October 18, 2009

Cloud-break

For all intent and purpose this morning's run ends at Cobbs Hill Park. From this point I walk the remaining quarter mile home, mildly disappointed, but ultimately glad for having had the morning to run.

Run: 7.5 miles in 1:02:03 min. @ 8:10 a.m.
Weather: Mostly Cloudy, 35°F, 85% Humidity, Wind: CALM; feels like 37°F.
Pace: 8:19 min/mile
Course: Most of Embiggen the Loop found on USATF Map It!


My body still aches but buoyed by yesterday I am determined to get out and move this morning... a morning during which the cloudiness of the past few days breaks and the skies clear up to reveal a sunny, cool day ahead.

In the end, my pace continued to be sl-o-o-ow, and I did need to walk briefly at about mile 6.5 and the last quarter mile due to achiness in my knees, but given my relative lack of action in the three months previous, it's hard not to feel good about how I ran today.

It is most definitely a humbling experience having the knowledge that I will likely not be as fast as I was (or run nearly s long), but I am still enjoying the challenge of training.

Breathe in, breathe out… YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: