Monday, October 12, 2009

Monday Morning Run

Run: 6.4 miles in :52:08 min. @ 8:00 a.m.
Weather: Partly Cloudy, 31°F, 89% Humidity, Wind: SW @ 4 mph; feels like 31°F.
Pace: 8:11 min/mile
Course: Castaway's Ritzy 6-mile Run made using USATF Map It!


The first time I have run a distance over 4 1/2 miles since July 4... and it felt like it. The goal his morning was to finish my pre-planed course and I did so, but there was definitely an ache in my knees I had not anticipated. Fortunately, the very cool morning air helped to alleviate any extreme discomfort. Of course, this won't help as he day progresses and I (as well as my legs) warm up.

I am happy that I made it the entire distance and hopeful that the next 48 hours of "rest" will allow me to cover adequately enough to make my next scheduled run of the week manageable.

Breathe in, breathe out… YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: