Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Training Two Weeks That Were... 9/28-10/4 10/11

Here is what has gone down over the past two weeks:
Sunday, 10/4: 4.9 miles @ 7:58 min/mile pace
Monday, 10/5 thru Saturday, 10/10: Nuttin'
Sunday, 10/11: 4.8 miles @ 8:05 min/mile pace

TOTAL MILEAGE (for the month): 9.7 miles
Weigh-In*: 197.0 (+6.5 lbs. from two weeks ago) [* @ 9:30 a.m. on 1/10/09]
As my most recent attempts at training have floundered without a sens of purpose, I have decide to begin a new training plan which will prepare me to compete in a 10k. (When I finish the race, it will also guarantee my having earned a "100 miles Raced" patch from the local running group to which I belong, and will be my fourth such patch in a row.)

The plan I have opted for the the FIRST 10k Training Plan. I have successfully completed two FIRST plans in the past (one for the marathon and one for an ultra), and given the three days-a-week required, my hope is that this will fit neatly into my hectic schedule and allow me to ease back into some more moderate distances. I will, however, be adjusting the plan slightly, as I am not going to "wait" twelve weeks to run a 10k. These may seem to defeat the purpose of following a plan, but at some point my muscle-fitness memory will kick in and my improvement will proportionally "jump" forward, right?

Given all these variable, it only makes sense that my "target race," be not exactly a 10k, but rather a 5 mile run, and one I've done previously: The Southeast YMCA 26th Annual Turkey Classic.

At least, that's the plan as it stands this evening...

Breathe in, breathe out… YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: