Sunday, October 11, 2009

Watching then Doing

My stepson's eight man novice boat working toward a silver medal at yesterday's Head of the Genesee Regatta. While I am extremely proud of all of our kid's athletic efforts, I am not really ready to compete only vicariously through them...

Run: 4.8 miles in :39:04 min. @ 8:00 a.m.
Weather: Mostly Cloudy, 42°F, 76% Humidity, Wind: WNW @ 5 mph; feels like 39°F.
Pace: a very pedestrian 8:05 min/mile
Course: A route out past Highland and Cobbs Hill Parks.


Following another seven day break from any training whatsoever (bar the subconscious training I am doing to compete at next July's Nathan's hot dog eating contest... watch out Joey Chestnut!), Anne and I stopped at the local running store for some new shoes yesterday in hopes that the experience (and new shoes) would jump start by efforts.

Waking up early this morning, I spent a little time toying and downloading digital photos from yesterday's Head of the Genesee Regatta, which was held at the same park as the McQuaid Cross-Country Invitational last weekend.

After basking for a moment in the accomplishments of our lads, I reckoned it was time to get my (increasingly) heavy butt out onto the streets...

Breathe in, breathe out… YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: