Saturday, June 05, 2010

Adventures in Cooking: Summertime Succotash

The rare swanky cookbook recipe without esoteric ingredients!

It has been quite a while since I have cracked open a cookbook, but back "in-the-day" (about six months ago) when I had time to do so, I had been enjoying working through a number of recipes from Alica "Batgirl" Silverstone's vegetarian cook book, The Kind Diet.

With my lovely wife out of town for the day, I set out to first return our empty cans and bottles to the redemption center and then to collect together the ingredients for Summertime Succotash (page 169). I also planned on preparing a second recipe from the book, Hot Rice with Cold Lemon, Basil, and Tomato (page 151), as a simple complimentary dish.

I am slowly becoming the master of this stove top technique--
I'm a big fan of the bright, popping colors in the pan!


The Summer Succotash is ready to be sent to the refrigerator to chill...


...Until being served hours later with a side of Hot Rice--MMMM!

Breathe in, breathe out… YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: