Saturday, June 05, 2010

Run: 3.5 mi. @ 8:49 a.m.

Weather: Cloudy, 68°F, Wind: From SW @ 7 mph; feels like 68°F.
Time/Pace: Approx :26:00 min. (7:26 min/mile)
Course: Into downtown and back out.


There were positives and negatives to this mornings "run"--on the positive side: I did go out intending to go for a run, though it was later than I would have hoped, I did not quit (completely) and when I could no longer maintain the run aspect of the ramble, I confidently walked the remainder, and I did have a nice opportunity to walk through my neighborhood. On the downside, I fell prey to that most dangerous of all mental errors: I stopped moving. Just last evening at a track meet I noted that ant athlete in a race had consciously taken himself out of a race as evidenced by his having "lost contact" with the pack. In a way, by halting my progress, I "quit" on my run.

The two mile walk home gave me the opportunity to reflect on what has passed and how I can continue to improve on my current state of training, one key of which is correcting some deficiencies in my overall diet...

Breathe in, breathe out… YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: