Saturday, June 26, 2010

Superman Sets Out on a Ramble

Who among us is not drawn to the idea of wandering our smaller and larger world in search of something?

As a life-long comic book fan, it is always somewhat (I don't know if this is the correct word) "validating," when news from the "comic world" is deemed relevant enough to cross over into the "real" world. Though I have been marginally aware of its impending publication, this past week USA Today carried the story Superman could fly into your town which further described on upcoming storyline in Superman comics.

As mentioned in the article, over the next few issues, Superman will be "grounded," or rather unwilling to fly, so that he may walk across America in an effort to reconnect wit his own humanity. During this time stories, by acclaimed author J. Michael Straczynski, will cover topics ranging from "poverty and drug-plagued neighborhoods to stories of hope and happiness, he will witness the best and the worst of everyday life."

Though at one point over the course of five(?) years I collected all of the Superman comics in print (at that time four), it has been a while since I have consistently revisited the character. Issue 700 of DC Comic's Superman was published this past Tuesday, and though I did not pick up a copy at my local comic shop then, today I will seek out an issue and get on board to see where the Man of Steel takes us...

Breathe in, breathe out… YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: