Saturday, July 24, 2010

Run: 10.8 miles in 1:36.19 min. @ 5:20 a.m.

Weather: Cloudy, 75°F, 79% Humidity, Wind: From WSW @ 15 mph, gusting to 21 mph; feels like 75°F.
Course: Park 2 Naz Loop found on USATF Map It!
Pace: 8:55 min/mile
Effort: 4 out of 5
How did I feel? Alright!
Gear:Amphipod Xinglet Reflective Wear, Amphipod RunLite Trail Runner


Though feeling a little crushed for time (I am heading back out to Buffalo fir a second day of Empire State Games competition spectating at 8:00 am!), following yesterday's rest day, I find myself itching to give this long slow distance run a shot. It has been more than a year since I have attempted to run this far, and while the humidity makes my knees feel just the slightest bit "off," I am looking forward to the challenge of these 10+ miles.

For my first long-ish run in quite a while, I felt pretty good about the outcome. Though I am finding the need to adjust my personal expectations around pace, it was good to accept the challenge and follow-thru!

Breathe in, breathe out… YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: