Saturday, July 31, 2010

Run: 12.7 miles in 1:46.21 min. @ 6:00 a.m.

Weather: Mostly Cloudy, 60°F, 87% Humidity, Wind: CALM; feels like 60°F.
Course: 12.7 Loop found on USATF Map It!
Pace: 8:22 min/mile
Effort: 4 out of 5
How did I feel? Good!
Gear: Amphipod RunLite Trail Runner


Another psychological hurdle overcome with a second successive run longer (though just barely) than the previous and much more comfortably, to boot! Each run, of late, has been insightful in helping me tweak my routine, from form to hydration.

I find myself settling into a rhtythm and mantra which helps me pull through the challenging (translation: inclines!) aspects of the course. Though the weather was ideal this morning (60°F) I have determined that I need to supplement my H20 with a a replacement drink. In the past I've cut the flask with equal parts h20 and Powerade, so will give that mix a try next time.

All-in-all a very fruitful run!

Breathe in, breathe out… YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: