Sunday, August 01, 2010

Race Prep & "Dead" Legs

Workout: "Opening" & "Conditioning" from Yoga Conditioning for Athletes With Rodney Yee
Duration: Approx. 15 minutes


Following yesterday's uber long (for me, anyway) run, and the building sense that my knees and legs were too tired to efficiently run this morning's scheduled 5k, I hoped to coax some life into them by working through a sort series of opening poses using Rodney's Yoga Conditioning tape.

It has been over twelve months since my last competitive (a relative term, of course) run, but the morning began just as they had in the past: a bowl of oatmeal, a cup of coffee and two ibuprofen. Ultimately the success of this morning's ritual will depend on how things go in a few short hours.

Breathe in, breathe out… YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: