Sunday, July 18, 2010

Run: 7.6 miles in 1:04.23 @ 5:40 am

Weather: Partly Cloudy, 67°F, 75% Humidity, Wind: From WSW @ 6 mph; feels like 67°F.
Course: 7.5 LSD Run found on USATF Map It!
Pace: 8:28 min/mile
Effort: 4 of 5
How did I feel? Alright!


The furthest I've run in quite a while, and I am once again beginning to refine how it is I do what I do, such as determining which running shorts are the least obtrusive (the shorter the better), which knee aches in such a manner that it most requires the support of a patella strap, and how to put myself in the zone for running. I've also resigned myself to the fact that I'll never be fully satisfied with the fit and feel of any hydration belt (currently I use an Amphipod RunLite Trail Runner), and it fills-the-bill just fine.

Also, this morning during my run out of the city and into the (not-very-rural) suburbs, my path was crossed by no-less-than four deer, mostly of the fawn variety. I reckon due to the early morning hour and lack of any auto traffic on otherwise very busy streets, they felt comfortable wandering the wealthy suburban neighborhoods looking for grub...

Breathe in, breathe out… YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: