Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Run: 6.5 miles in ≈51 min. @ 5:30 a.m.

Weather: Foggy, 70°F, 87% Humidity, Wind: From WSW @ 3 mph; feels like 70°F.
Course: 10k Plus found on USATF Map It!
Pace: ≈7:50 min/mile
Effort: 4 out of 5
How did I feel? Good!
Gear: Amphipod RunLite Trail Runner


This morning, the humidity is back with a vengeance and it brought fog(!) with it. I don't believe I've ever felt as soaked through following a run, though I feel somewhat fortunate for having had the high humidity so early in the morning to run in as this sort of weather is likely more indicative of what I will experience in both of the races I have registered to run in the near future. Last weekend's freakish cool spell was pleasant for running (and walking and festival going) but highly unusual for an upstate New York August..

Now for some marginally related news... My biggest issue of late has been a tooth one. About five weeks ago, I had three wisdom teeth extracted. Less than two weeks after that I made an appointment to go to the dentist as I was having some unrelated pain with a tooth on the lower right side of my mouth. Two minutes after looking at it the dentist had me receiving an "emergency" root canal. Now two weeks later, the area feels no different (or worse, worse!) than it did in the first place. Truth is it hasn't felt well since the initial Novocaine wore off, but I'm leery of saying anything as it may prompt another "emergency" procedure.

Tomorrow (though the office has yet to confirm it with me) I have a follow-up appointment at which time I'm unsure how to address this without sounding as angry and frustrated as I feel.

Breathe in, breathe out… YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: