Monday, August 09, 2010

The Training Week That Was... 8/1-8

Though the week started out with a weak effort on Tuesday, it ended strongly with a solid slow distance run. Due to my poor initial run, I put down my watch for the succeeding jaunts in an effort to distance myself from the drive to clock watch and to (hopefully) reinvigorate my training. This strategy proved successful, and I think that in the future I will sporadically run without my watch, using my cell phone to note start and end times in order to continue maintaining accurate estimates of total time and therefore pace.

My cumulative mileage increased slightly this week (just under two miles), thanks in part to my fourth consecutive increase in my weekend lsd (long slow distance) run. Here is what went down this past week:
Monday: Rest
Tuesday: 6.6 miles in :54.45 min.
Wednesday: 7.3 miles in in ≈61 min.
Thursday: 5.6 miles in ≈53 min.
Friday: Rest
Saturday: 5.5 miles in ≈45 min.
Sunday: 13.7 miles in 1:58

TOTAL MILEAGE: R 38.7 miles (+ 1.6 miles from the previous week)
Weigh-In*: 183.5 lbs. (No change from previous week!) [* @ 6:15 a.m. on 8/09/10]
This week I also registered for another run prior to my tent pole run on September 12, the MVP Rochester Half-Marathon. In two weeks I will be taking on the 14 mile 'Dam' Good Trail Race being held in nearby Letchworth State Park.

My next task is determining how to best transition my training to a traditional (6:30-2:30 pm) teacher's work week, as I will be returning to school on September 8, following a one week trip to Aspen, Colorado to visit my brother-in-law. Fortunately, I will not be coaching this fall, but I often have difficulty fitting enough quality time into my day during the school year to train. Of course, I still have three weeks to figure it out!

Breathe in, breathe out… YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: