Sunday, September 11, 2011

Run: 10.4 miles in 1:26.07 min. @ 7:00 a.m.

Weather: Mostly Cloudy, 54°F, 96% Humidity, Wind: SSW @ 3 mph; feels like 54°F.
Route: A short loop intentionally including a section of the Rochester 1/2 Marathon course.
Pace: 8:16 min/mile
Effort: 4 of 5
How did I feel? Great!


Ready or not, a week from this morning at 7:30 a.m., I will be lining up with a few thousand friends to run the Rochester Half Marathon. As I figured might happen, this past week has been primairly a "non-training" one (with school finally back in full swing), and though I will likely not best my time from last year (which was much better than it had a right to be) I am (fairly) confident that I will finish the race outside the bottom 45%--my goal for the endeavor. The purpose in running today was less to actually sharpen my preparation and more about just getting out and putting in some easy lsd miles to convince myself that "I can!"

One observation: those, inlcuding myself, participating next Sunday will be extremely fortunate if the weather conditions are as perfect next week as they were this morning!

Be here now!

No comments: