Sunday, November 06, 2011

Weekly Reading: November 2

The gaudy haul from this week's trip to Comics Etc.
One of my life's many pleasures is stopping by the comic store I've frequented on and off for almost 20+ year's of my time on earth. Each week, the number of books I purchase fluctuates, and occasionally, as was the case this week, I supplement new issues, with back issues, either to fill out a run of a title or because I come across a writer or artist I enjoy and seek out past titles/issues they've worked on.

This past Wednesday was a fairly substantial one for me (and the image above does not include the comic I purchased for my stepson):

  • American Vampire #20 (DC Comics) Horror/Western
  • Streets of Glory #2 (Avatar) Western
  • Uncanny X-Men #1 (Marvel) Super-hero
  • Betrayal of the Planet of the Apes #1 (BOOM!) Action
  • Peanuts #0 (KaBOOM!) Kids
  • OMAC #3 (DC Comics) Super-hero
  • Swamp Thing #3 (DC Comics) Horror/Super-hero
  • Rachel Rising #3 (Abstract Studio) Horror
  • The Strange Talent of Luther Strode #2 (Image) Super-hero
  • Six Guns (Marvel) Action
  • The Goon #36 (Dark Horse Comics) Action/Horror
  • Helldorado #1 (APE Entertainment) Western/Horror

I would once again like to thank DC Comics for their "New 52" reboot which has allowed me to dump most of the titles they publish in favor of independent titles and unique offerings I might have otherwise been unable to afford--though who knows how long until they reboot the reboot...

No comments: