Monday, November 11, 2013

Now Even I Can Tie a Bow Tie!


With a day off from school, and a few hours(!) to burn, I set about late this afternoon  to attempt to learn how to properly tie a bow tie. I had purchased one a few weeks ago when visiting my stepson at college and figured  there might be no better time than the present to give it a go...

After watching four different "how to" videos on Youtube and reading numerous charts on Pinterest, this evening I finally figured out how to tie a bow tie. For whatever reason, it was the video above featuring Mike Gonsalves (aka "brother" of www.sisterbrotherstyle.com) that finally allowed it to all come together for me. After repeated viewings perhaps the best advice he gave was the reminder that "there is no such thing as a perfect bow tie." Like most, the most challenging element of the know was the back knot, which Mike explained using a taco metaphor, and--HUZZAH--it worked!

Mission accomplished! (11/11/13)

No comments: