In the days before I took better care of myself, it would not be unusal for me to have a dozen buffalo wings with an 8 oz. blue cheese for dippin', weekly. Maybe twice if I could work them in as an appetizer (bar wings are smaller than "real" wings, so they don't really count, right?). Since attempting to become more aware of how what I eat effects my health, I have had to alter my culinary "carrot," but not too far from the beautufl scent of sweet hot sauce...
Though I don't eat meat, chicken or fish, I do enjoy the flavor of vegetables prepared in the BBQ style. Enter the Pittsburgh Sandwich. According to the menu at Sticky Lips BBQ Pit:
Made famous by a late-night Pittsburgh sandwich shop. A whole meal between two slices of Italian bread: french fries, tomatoe and cole slaw are piled over your choice of meal.In my case the "meal" is eggplant. I also go with the two sides option, usually macaroni salad and red beans & rice.
After running a race, whether 5k or marathon, nothing re-fuels my engine like a Pittsburgh sandwich...
No comments:
Post a Comment