Monday, June 08, 2009

Music Monday: "Yellow Submarine"

"As we live a life of ease,
Every one of us has all we need,(has all we need),
Sky blue, and sea green,(sky of blue and sea of green,
And a yellow(and a yellow) submarine.(submarine)
Hahaha!"

After missing Music Monday last week, I'm trying to better "represent" this week. Of late I've been experiencing a strong summer solstice-y vibe, my head full of fanciful, funny thoughts about "normal" things... gardens, birds, trees, spirits--so where does this lead me musically? Why to the Beatles of course!

What I had in mind though, was not just any "Fab Four" Beatles single, but one of the Beatles' many melodic, fantastic anthems: Yellow Submarine. Granted the Youtube clip above isn't much more than an excerpt from the film's credits... but it's the music that counts.

There is something inherently uplifting, naive and hopeful about this simple nursery rhyme-esque song that serves to keep Summer going through my head, always making the moment a brighter one...

Breathe in, breathe out… YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: