Monday, June 23, 2008

Bicycling A Dank and Winding Trail

To School: 11 miles in :48:50 min. @ 6:15 a.m.
Weather: Light Rain, 62°F, 86% Humidity, Wind: S @ 6 mph; feels like 62°F.
Course: Bike 2 Work Day Route 1.

I really wasn't planning on riding to work today (at least as of last evening before bed--when the forecasters were predicting rain), but waking up this morning, and despite threatening clouds and drizzle, I felt compelled to saddle up. There are only two or three more days this week on which I'll be able to ride (I'll need the automobile to bring home boxes of stuff from my classroom before the close of school), so it only made sense to give it a go.

Back Home: 11.5 miles in :55:00 min. @ 3:00 p.m.
Weather: Mostly Cloudy, 71°F, 59% Humidity, Wind: W @ 8 mph, gusting up to 24 mph; feels like 71°F.
Course: Bike 2 Work Duece.

This afternoon's ride home was split into two parts. Following the end of our instructional day at 11:15 a.m., I was assigned to grade state exams at an alternate location. Fortunately, I had the foresight to map a route that would take me by the building I was to meet at which also happened to be, sort of, on my way home!

Breathe in, breathe out... YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: