Monday, June 23, 2008

The Training Week That Was... 6/16-22

"Eat right, exercise regularly, die anyway."~Author Unknown
I have settled on a training plan for an ultra marathon which has me running five days weekly, at least as long as I can. As mentioned in previous posts, I've been having some problems with numbness in my left shin and hand, in addition to discomfort in my chest. This onset of this "problem" seems to (as far as I can recall) coincide with my beginning to ride my bicycle to work, so I'm hoping that it is just a "tweak." I am hoping to make an appointment to visit my doctor mid-week, after all of my most immediate school work is complete. I was originally worried that I might be having a heart attack, but I did run the past three days without keeling over... so it must be something else, right?

Here's what happened with my training this week:
Legend: R = Running, ri = recovery interval, ez = easy, mt = mid-tempo, wu = warm-up, cd = cool down, ez = easy, B = Bicycling

Monday: Rest
Tuesday: R 6.1 miles/B 22 miles
Wednesday: B 22 miles
Thursday: Rest
Friday: R 4.1 miles
Saturday: R 10.1 miles
Sunday: R 6.2 miles

TOTAL (Run)--26.5 miles (+0.8 miles from the previous week)
TOTAL (Bicycle)--44 miles (+22 miles from the previous week)
Weigh-In*: 182.5 lbs. (-1.5 lbs. from the previous week) [* @ 5:30 a.m. on 6/22]
A third straight week of increasing my running mileage, this week by slightly less than one mile. The twenty-two miles increase in bicycling miles is due to my having biked to work twice this past week. With this coming week being my last of the school year, the totals are likely to take a precipitous drop... at least in the short term.

Breathe in, breathe out... YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: