Friday, June 27, 2008

A New Day

"Sometimes I Feel As Though I've Been Blessed
Because I'm Doing What I Want So I Never Rest
Well, I'm Not Coming Out Goofy Like The Fruit Of The Loom Guys
Just Strutting Like The Meters With The Look-ka Py Py..."
~'Root Down' by the Beatsie Boys
Weather: Partly Cloudy, 81°F, 59% Humidity, Wind: From SW @ 6 mph; feels like 68°F.
Walk: 1.1 miles in :18:00 min. @ 6:45 a.m.

Prior to leaving for a day of professional development (Translation: summer school training), I slept in slightly, then worked through a simple series of awakening yoga poses and went for (what I thought to be) a brisk morning walk. After yesterday's challenging run, I'm dialing it back a bit today, restraining myself to walking rather than bicycling and running. If things continue to get noticeably "worse" over the weekend, I'll not be waiting the month to call the doc back and get a follow up. There seems like other tests (blood, anyone?) he can do to eliminate any potential concerns.

I'm going to be cool, though, as I am confident that things will improve in time... every challenge (and this is a small one so far, is another opportunity to overcome and succeed!)

Breathe in, breathe out… YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: