Thursday, August 21, 2008

Wantin' Some "Ponyo"

While checking my e-mail this morning I was excited to ntoice a news stroy on the Yahoo site referencing the success of Japanese director Hayao Miyazaki's latest film, Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea. New film by "Spirited Away" director wows Japan Japanese director Hayao Miyazaki.

As a long time fan of Miyazaki's work (My Neighbor Totoro, Princess Mononoke, and so on) this is one film that has been on my radar for a while and I can't wait until it is eventually released here in the U.S., hopefully widely so, that way I can see it in theaters. His character design and subtle storytelling are truly magical and , other than the occasional Pixar film, nothing produces widely here in the states comes close to the magical quality of Miyazaki's work (at least from the perspective of yours truly).

Here is one of the trailers (complete with "Good Morning America" Japanese-style commentary):



Breathe in, breathe out… YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: