Sunday, September 07, 2008

Good Run

Run: 14.1 miles in 1:48:05 min. @ 6:55 a.m.
Weather: Mostly Cloudy, 57°F, 89% Humidity, Wind: From W @ 8 mph; feels like 57°F.
Average Mile Page: 7:40 min./mi.
Course: Fourteen Brotha found using USATF Map It!


Pre-Run Ruminations: For the second consecutive day, I will be running a segment of the twenty-six point two mile Rochester Marathon Course, the entire thing of which will be attempted next Sunday. Yesterday I spent a few miles at the earlier part of the course along the Erie Canal Trailway.

This morning, by the time I enter the Erie Canal Trail at roughly mile 18.1, I hope to continue on until what will likely be roughly mile 25.8. Though cumulatively the entire distance (14 miles) run today is much longer than I had needed or hoped to run, I feel the need to pass the psychological barrier and covering the entire course over the past few weeks should help with this.

Post-Run Reflections: The weather was once again perfect this morning and I felt as though I ran pretty well. My average pace (though ten seconds per mile slower than what will be necessary to reach my goal finish) was consistent.

Additionally, although the entire run was only a little over half the marathon distance, my feet felt okay during the activity. I brought plenty of water with me this time and it seemed to help. One key difference between this run and the "real thing" next week is that I won't need to carry my fluids due to hydration stops along the course, so worrying about whether I don or do not have enough will not be an issue.

Breathe in, breathe out… YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Scott, from the sounds of it, it sounds as though you are ready for next week. Good Luck with the race and I will check back to see how your week leading upto is going.

Robert