Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Back Nine

Run: 9.6 miles in 1:15:52min. @ 6:30 a.m.
Weather: Partly Cloudy, 51°F, 92% Humidity, Wind: CALM; feels like 51°F.
Pace: 7:57 min/mile
Course: Castaway's 9.5 Mile Money Route from USATF Map It!.


The most significant workout of the week for me is the moderate-distance day which immediately follows the weekend long run. This morning I set out to punch in almost 10 miles, following yesterday's 20-miler. Additionally, I have continued to challenge myself to push the pace slightly so as to consiton my legs to the increased pace shortly following a twenty-four hour recovery.

This morning's run went well and though the pace (7:57) was slightly slower than my time for the same course, though in reverse, run this past Thursday (7:40), it was faster than the same distance under the same circumstances last weekend (8:15). I continue to get stronger and felt like (though it certainly would not be prudent to do so) I could have gone farther...

Breathe in, breathe out… YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: