Monday, June 15, 2009

The Training Week That Was... 6/8-6/14

With no computer/Internet access of late, I have been spending more time preapring and training. Only three more weeks until the the Finger Lakes Fifties and I'm feeling more and more confident of my ability to finish with each passing day of training (even though I've passed a few days without training!).

Here is what took place this past week with my training:
Monday: Rest
Tuesday: 4.9 miles @ 7:50 min/mile pace
Wednesday: Rest--Missed Training Day!
Thursday: 9.6 miles @ 7:40 min/mile pace
Friday: Rest
Saturday: 20.7 miles @ 8:24 min/mile pace
Sunday: 9.6 miles @ 7:57 min/mile pace

TOTAL MILEAGE: R 44.8 miles (-6.2 miles from the previous week)
Weigh-In*: 185.0 lbs. (-2 lbs.) [* @ 5:30 a.m. on 6/15/09]
It has been about three weeks since, following a steady weening off period, I stopped eating read meat and chicken (currently, I am still enjoying tuna fish) and I feel great. Oddly, I feel as though I eating more food, just healthier food. I've also increased my intake of healthy nuts (cashews, almonds, etc.) and begun eating a protein bar every few days and after runs.

Thus far, my body (and especially my legs) feels wonderful!

Breathe in, breathe out… YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: