Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Final Thoughts on the FL50s

"Try the meditation of the trail, just walk along looking at the trail at your feet and don't look about and just fall into a trance as the ground zips by."~Jack Kerouac, Dharma Bums

The official results for this past weekend's Finger Lakes Fifties have been posted and I did better than I had expected (at least in terms of where I finished)... as I type that previous statement though, I am struck by how little my place and time mean in this overall experience. Talking with colleagues at work yesterday, I didn't even think to offer my possible time or place, but was proud to share the fact that I have finished... not something I have always done in the past.

At any rate, my time (5:38:15) was about five minutes slower than I had projected (the whole stop your watch at the finish or look at the HUGE clock is not my bag) in previous recent posts, but I placed tenth overall out of sixty-nine finishers (while five did not finish--been there).

Now on to the next challenge...

Breathe in, breathe out… YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: