Thursday, July 23, 2009

Out to the Ball Park (Again)


This picture was taken in 1999(?) during a tour of Frontier Field. My son and I were both excited to see that the "mitt horse" was still directly inside the front gates. I am the tall lad above and he is the third Tiger Cub from the left in the front row.My step son, Greg, is the Tiger Cub on the right.

After weeks (months?) of driving by Frontier Field, home of the Triple A Rochester Red Wings, minor league affiliate of the Minnesota Twins, my son Jack and I finally made it out to a baseball game last evening.

In the past ten years or so, we have been to many games (myself over two-hundred--most because I worked for the team), but it is only in the past two years that we have gone solely as fans of the game. That is to say that the draw for my son (as is the case with most kids) was "Dippin' Dots" and mascots, where as now we can talk about pitches, plays and players.

We enjoyed our evening at the ballpark watching the Wings take it to the Pawtucket Red Socks, and especially having the opportunity to witness that rarest of things at the stadium--a home run! Best of all was having the chance to watch the game together and talk...

No comments: