Sunday, September 27, 2009

Another

As in being greeted by another spider, this time on our front porch,
as I set out for an early morning run.

Run: 3.5 miles in :26:44 min. @ 7:55 a.m.
Weather: Light Rain, 57°F, 93% Humidity, Wind: S @ 5 mph; feels like 57°F.
Pace: 7:42 mile/min
Course: Around the 'hood.


"Another," as in putting "one foot in front of..."

Very little lingering effect from yesterday's "jog," the slight ache of which may have been brought on as much by the 90 minute drives out-and-back to my son's x-c meet. This morning it is warmer , but wetter, and though I remembered while drinking coffee prior to the run that I had left the knee straps outside (and therefore in the rain), I also have an extra (or two?) which will serve the purpose for a short jaunt.

I am fully aware of the physical dangers of over doing it, but the larger personal concern is that psychological danger of not doing anything, so I'll strap on what is available and head out for two three-and-a-half "easy-ish" miles...

Breathe in, breathe out… YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: