Monday, October 19, 2009

Music Monday +: All Is Love

"One, two, ready, go
Grow some big feet, holes in history
Is where you’ll find me, is where you’ll find
All is love, is love, is love, is love."



It has been a few months since writing a Music Monday post, and much longer since having done so on this particular blog. Yesterday afternoon the boys and I went to see the new Spike Jonze film Where the Wild Things Are. Though I recall reading the book as a child myself, as well as sharing it with my own children, I must confess to never really having dug it as much as I figured I was supposed too.

But the movie is a completely different (wild) animal... I found myself thinking about my own children and how they have grown so much. I'm very sure that (like all works of art), whether one enjoys this movie (my son and I did, my stepson not so much) really depends on what you bring to it. I can totally "get" how some woudl not care for the film and how others woudl be enhcnated by it.

The song featured in the video above is actually in the film and Karen O, voaclist for rock band Yeah Yeah Yeahs, also made much of the other soundtrack music. I had not heard of her previously as a musical artists, but greatly enjoyed what she contributed to this film.

Enjoy!

Breathe in, breathe out… YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: