Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Journey Begins Anew...

Run: 2.2 miles in :19:53 min. @ 11:40 a.m.
Weather: Cloudy, 24°F, 66% Humidity, Wind: S @ 7 mph; feels like 16°F.
Pace: 9:10 min/mile
Course: A short jaunt around my immediate 'hood.


I'm sure you've heard the old saying (and I'm paraphrasing here) "every journey of a thousand miles begins with one step," and so with the new year just around the corner, and having been on the "shelf" for almost a month, and on the larger shelf since July 4, I've decided to once again embark on a journey of sorts, which is to say, I am going to give "running" another go. My expectations at the outset are low... just to simply get my shoes on and out the door 3-4 times weekly.

The larger hope is to build my stamina up to the point that I can (psuedo-competitively) participate in some local road races with too much embarrassment. Unfortunately, the days of "placing" are likely behind me, but that was never really the point , was it?

Breathe in, breathe out… YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: