Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Winter Run-derland!

Run: 3.8 miles in :30:45 min. @ 4:30 a.m.
Weather: Light Snow, 32°F, 90% Humidity, Wind: SW @ 9 mph; feels like 24°F.
Pace: 8:06 min/mile
Course: A truncated route in my neighborhood.


Occasionally I have a difficult time staying asleep and find myself waking up much too early for my own good. This morning was one such occasion--after going to bed at 10 p.m. last night, I found myself laying in bed wide awake at 3 a.m.

After first completing some worksheets and lesson plans for the next few days of school, I put on my clothes and went for a run... a snowy and shortened run. I am always happy to hit the streets during the first snowfall and this morning did not disappoint. The only concern (other than the omni-present ache in my knees) was that my stomach was upset, and as a result, I needed to stay close-to home and found it necessary to come back about fifteen minutes earlier than planned.

Breathe in, breathe out… YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: