Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Run: 6.4 miles in :56.03 min. @ 6:40 a.m.

Weather: Partly Cloudy, 25°F, Wind: From W @ 14 mph; feels like 17°F.
Pace: 8:48 min/mile
Course: Castaway's Ritzy 6-mile Run found on USATF Map It!


This morning's route represents a small one mile increase in distance from the two previous days, though my intention was to take the distance at a slightly easier pace. Granted my current training pace is a very pedestrian 8:30 minutes per mile, and I recognize that I will need to work at some shorter distances at a quicker pace in order to improve on my current level of fitness, I guess I just feel the psychological need to first go a little further, more than feeling the need to necessarily go faster, keeping in min, the larger goal is to simply establish a consistent pattern of training.

As you can see by the distance, pace and date above, I was successful (tough slowly so) on all three counts this morning.

Breathe in, breathe out… YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: