Monday, June 21, 2010

At Last... Bike To Work!

Bike to Work: 7.8 miles in :35.00 min. @ 6:15 a.m.
Weather: Moslty Cloudy, 62°F, 84% Humidity, Wind: W @ 7 mph; feels like 62°F.
Pace: 4:29 min/mile
Course: To Barnard Scoring Site.
Mood(s): Apprehensive.


Granted I am about a month late, but this morning the stars have finally aligned in a such a way that I can ride my bike to work (the only fear I have is that the reminder my dentist seemingly prematurely sent me for a cleaning on "7-21-20" was a misprint and he's expecting me this afternoon!)

This morning, as well as tomorrow, I have been assigned to an alternate location for the purposes of scoring the NYSED English 11 Regents exams, and luckily, this alternate site is about three miles closer to home--and one significant stretch of busy streets less. I am tyring a slightly different route than in year's previous so the adventure and danger of urban bicycle commuting remains.

Bike Home After Work: 7.8 miles in :45.00 min. @ 1:30 p.m.
Weather: Moslty Cloudy, 76°F, 55% Humidity, Wind: NW @ 4 mph; feels like 76°F.
Pace: 5:46 min/mile
Course: To Barnard Scoring Site.
Mood(s): Accomplished.


Breathe in, breathe out… YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: