Monday, June 14, 2010

The Training Week That Was... 6/7-13

WOW--two weeks of weekly re-caps in a row for the first time in a lo-o-o-ong time! My "training" went much more smoothly this week as I found myself slowly slipping into a schedule of running. The next step--in addition to a third relatively pain-free week of running--would be to identify a few races to sign up for, perhaps even targeting one of more demanding distance (half? full?) for the fall. By doing this, it would allow me to be more intentional in my training and having met my initial goal of "just getting going, that seems a logical progression.

Here is what took place this past week(end) with my training:
Monday: Rest
Tuesday: 4.9 miles in :40.20 min. @ 4:35 a.m.
Wednesday: 3.9 miles in :32.30 min. @ 4:35 a.m.
Thursday: 3.9 miles in :32.20 min. @ 4:35 a.m.
Friday: Rest
Saturday: 3.9 miles in :31.00 min. @ 5:30 a.m.
Sunday: 6.3 miles in :53.00 min. @ 6:26 a.m.

TOTAL MILEAGE: R 22.9 (+8.6 miles from the previous week)
Weigh-In*: 197.0 lbs. (-0.5 lbs. from previous week) [* @ 5:30 a.m. on 6/14/10]
I continue to find myself frustrated by my weight, which I have continued to "officially" take on Monday mornings. What is particularly frustrating is that despite being disciplined and eating (mostly) those things that are "good" for me, and seeing results during the week, by the time my Monday morning rolls around, so do I... as evidenced by either a sliver of a loss, none at all, or most discouraging of all, a gain.

Breathe in, breathe out… YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: