Monday, July 26, 2010

Run: 6.3 miles in :52.38 min. @ 5:40 a.m.

Weather: Fair, 60°F, 90% Humidity, Wind: From WSW @ 6 mph; feels like 60°F.
Course: Eastside 10k found on USATF Map It!
Pace: 8:21 min/mile
Effort: 4 out of 5
How did I feel? Good!Gear: Amphipod RunLite Trail Runner


A highly unusual Monday run, performed this morning as the result of having completed a satisfactory long run on Saturday which required a recovery day on Sunday... and, despite my plan saying otherwise, my inability to handle two "rests" in a row! During my run this morning, I felt as though I was really moving, but unfortunately, my time/pace revealed a slightly different story.

Things went very well. In my training, right now, I feel that it is key to avoid feeling too high when things go well (as I they did today) or too low when I don't reach my personal expectations (coincidentally something I also did today regarding oevrall pace). As you can see, depending on the weather, they are sometimes the same thing.

Breathe in, breathe out… YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: