Saturday, July 10, 2010

Run: 6.4 miles in :55.55 min @ 6:35 am

Weather: Partly Cloudy, 65°F, 90% Humidity, Wind: W @ 5 mph; feels like 65°F.
Course: Castaway's Ritzy 6-mile Run found on USATF Map It!
Pace: 8:44 min/mile
Effort: 4 of 5
How did I feel? Alright.
Gear: Hydration Belt, "mod" shorts


The things I set out to do with this morning's run came to pass: given my admittedly low level of current conditioning, I would focus on maintaining form and focus rather than intensity, and i needed to break my streak of 4.5-5 mile runs! I also ran with my hydration belt today, something I used to never do with a run less then 8 miles. I think this is a subconscious concession on my part to getting old. I only "used" it once, and that was following one of the bottles dropping, but it was good to have it (and the cell phone it additionally held) just in case I did need the H2O.

The shorts I have been wearing of late, on the other hand, are becoming increasingly distracting. They are of the more "mod" cut, just below mid thigh, and while I am not (at least I think) an overly heavy guy, they are consistently riding up my inner thigh. I find myself needing to adjust them regularly. I think it may be time to break out my old school "short" running shorts--much to the distress of my son, if I were ever to train with him!

Breathe in, breathe out… YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: