Saturday, July 10, 2010

To Blog or Not To Blog?

Yesterday afternoon, thanks to a prompt posted on the GRTC, my local running club, member site, I came across and created a profile on dailymile.com After completing each the previous to runs, or in the context of my blog "ramblin's") I entered the information first on this blog and then using the prompts on dailymile.

The rather obvious conclusion I've come to, is that dailymile meets all of my needs for a training collection and interaction engine. It saves me needing to go to no less than two additional sites (one for mapping and one for pacing calculation), as both options (and more) are included in the site. Truth is, the only other online stop I need to make with either site is, and this is just because I've conditioned myself to "care" about it, to weather.com for up-to-date weather data.

The motivational for training implications is more present with dailymile, too. Reality is, more people see that entry than on this blog (for as a personal confessional of sorts) so the adage that "it's not true until it's on Facebook Dailymile" becomes even more of a reality. This is not to imply that I am disingenuous in my posts here, but that with no one seeing them, and perceptively gauging my effort, I am less inclined to feel obligated to demonstrate progress.

Though I have been told there are other training websites out there(heck, I may even have accounts on them for all I know) after just a few days, as a training site for any ACTIVE person (not exclusively for people who see themselves as a "runner"), I am prepared to say that dailymile is the nuts!

For now, I do enjoy the ability to ramble on about my thoughts during training in a more complete and random manner, better suited for inclusion on my blog, but depending on how much time and energy I want to include, I may have to choose between the two.


Breathe in, breathe out… YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: