Friday, August 13, 2010

Carrying My Own 'Dam' Water?

The 14 mile course map over which I hope to carry my own "dam" H2O!

As mentioned previously next weekend's 2010 'Dam' Good Trail Run has a few unique options inherent in the race; the most unique of these is that in an effort to "green" the race (translation: encourage trash reduction on the trails), organizers inviting participants to Carry Your Own 'Dam' Water. According to the guidelines, it works this way:
...if you carry your own ‘dam’ water for the entire 14 mile race (and certainly re-fill at the aid stations if needed), you will receive a 22 second handicap off your finish time.
Sounds like an excellent idea (especially the "re-fill if needed!), so I'm "in"--and goodness knows I can use any time advantage I can!

Breathe in, breathe out… YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: