Saturday, August 14, 2010

Run: 4.3 miles in ≈35 min. @ 6:25 a.m.

Weather: Clear, 64°F, 83% Humidity, Wind: From SE @ 5 mph; feels like 64°F.
Course: JS 4 mile flat found on USATF Map It!
Pace: ≈8:08 min/mile
Effort: 3 out of 5
How did I feel? Alright.
Gear: Amphipod RunLite Trail Runner


Just as was the case last weekend, I am going to hold off on my lsd run until Sunday, and use Saturday as an short distance, moderately paced run. During (and immediately following) my past two runs (Wednesday and Thursday) this week, I have been experiencing a slight twinge in my left hamstring.

New shoes + "hinky" left hammy = deliberately moderate short run. I am icing and stretching my hamstring in anticipation of a (long?) run tomorrow, and I remain cautiously optimistic that it will come about. This morning's run was only "alright" because of my apprehension--the weather and my breathing were both excellent this morning!

I am hoping that this two day rest, in addition to icing and stretching will allow me to complete this morning's run without any discomfort that might unfortunately herald a greater issue.

Breathe in, breathe out… YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: