Sunday, August 01, 2010

Peter Cannon Memorial 5k

Run: 3.1 miles in :22.10 min. @ 9:00 a.m.
Weather: Mostly Cloudy, 68°F, 78% Humidity, Wind: ENE @ 4 mph; feels like 68°F.
Course: Fishes & Loaves 5k Course, rechristened the Cannon 5k route in Honeoye Falls, NY.
Pace: 7:09 min/mile
Effort: 5 out of 5
How did I feel? Good!


Pre-Run Ruminations: As I was preparing to register for the race, and noted its location, it occurred to me that I had run a race on the same course previously. Actually, it was three years to the day, in an evening run called the Fish & Loaves 5k which had been organized by a friend of my wife. Wa-a-a-ay back then I had completed the course in a (Now to me at least) stunning 19:49, with a pace of 6:23 min/mile!

This morning, three years later, I am anticipating being a little humbled and hoping for a marginally respectable of a time be determined when I cross the finish line, hopefully with a smile on my face.

Post-Race Reflections: For my first 5k in over a year, I felt that my performance in the 2010 Peter Cannon Memorial 5k went pretty well, especially given it was one day removed from a long run. Somecontributing factors were the idyllic weather, wonderful scenery and supportive comraraderie (and the fact that my daughter and her boyfriend ran as well); I couldn't think of many more pleasant ways to spend a small part of my Sunday morning.

Breathe in, breathe out… YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: